Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Blessings of Friendship - Treasury by Mary Engelbreit


It is hard to truly describe this lovely book and the bits of beautiful treasures inside. The rhymes, thoughts, and lovely tributes to having a friend and being a friend are just wonderful.

Not only is it a lovely book textually, but the art work is gorgeous. The youngsters pictured are so expressive and the colors and activities just grab your attention. I believe you'll fall in love with it, too.
"As I love nature, as I love singing birds, and gleaming stubble, and flowing rivers, and morning and evening, and summer and winter, I love thee, my friend."--Henry David Thoreau
"There are people who take the heart out of you, and there are people who put it back."--Elizabeth David
"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be." --Douglas Pagels
I have a hard time deciding who will love this best - children or adults. Well, both will. It is absolutely lovely.

DISCLOSURE: We received a complimentary copy in exchange for our honest review. No compensation was received. Opinions expressed are solely our own.


4 comments:

  1. Ms. Engelbreit's artwork is so great to look at! Thanks for telling us about this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely review and charming cover image on this book. I look forward to checking it out with my little boy. Thank you for posting this review on the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a lovely book to read together with your kids! Thanks for sharing it at the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never gotten over my love for Mary Engelbreit!!! Thanks for much for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday at Mommynificent.com! Hope to see you again soon!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Your visit is important to us. Thank you for leaving a comment.