Review: Excitement and danger lurks under leaves, down the well, under the rubbish heap, and on the road. But with "Superworm" to the rescue, all is well. Presented as a lively story of the qualities of Superworm as he saves the day and in quite good rhyme that takes one back to the rhythm and rhyme of Mother Goose, Superworm will squirm his way into the giggles and tickles of the reader and the listener.
Illustrated with cute, "bug-eyed," and vividly colored pictures, the humor and adventure is portrayed delightfully for the entertainment of the young child.
The book was read to students at Alamance Christian School and here are some of their comments.....
- This book is very good. Especially for kids that are just learning how to read. Even if you are older, I would still recommend it. You'll enjoy it. (Kailyn, 5th)
- It's a cute book, and it has some rhyming words.It's also a good book for first and second grade readers. It has a lot of animals in it and a little adventure. The book is called Superworm and he is a hero. It's a great book. (Kailey, 5th)
- I think it was more for smaller children. First and second graders. There were good descriptive words. (Caleb, 5th)
- I like the book. If you like rhymes, then I think you will like this book, too. But I think that it is for grades 1-3. I think it is a good book. Go Superworm! Go! (Isabella, 5th)
- This book is very good. It is probably a good book for kids under second grade age. The book is about a worm named Superworm! Superworm saves the day many times. But one day Superworm is captured! Find out what happens in the book. (Olivia, 5th)
The wizard waves his magic flower.
"Now, Superworm, you're in my power
And you must tunnel, writhe, and coil,
To find me treasure in the soil."
Superworm is very cross
To have a lizard as his boss,
But when he tries to slink away
The wizard's magic makes him stay.
DISCLOSURE: A complimentary copy was provided by Scholastic Inc. in exchange for our honest review. Opinions expressed are solely ours. No compensation was received for this review.