Friday, August 1, 2014

When I Fall in Love – a Christiansen Family novel by Susan May Warren

About the book (back of book):  Hawaii was the last place Grace Christiansen ever imagined she’d vacation, much less fall in love.  But when her family surprises her with a cooking retreat in paradise, she is pulled – or maybe yanked – away from her predictable, safe life and thrown headfirst into the adventure of a lifetime.

Maxwell Sharpe may make his living on the ice as a pro hockey player, but he feels most at home in the kitchen.  Which is why he lives for the three-week culinary vacation he takes each year in Hawaii.  Upon being paired with Grace for a cooking competition, Max finds himself drawn to her passion, confidence, and perseverance.  But just when Grace dares to dream of a future beyond her hometown, Max pulls away.

Wrestling with personal demons, Max fights against opening his heart to a love he knows he should never hope for.  And as his unfold, Grace is torn between the safe path in front of her and what her heart truly desires.  If love means sacrificing her ideal happily ever after, Grace’s faith will face its toughest test yet.

Review: When I Fall in Love is the third book in a series called Christiansen Family novels.  In fact, it is the first book I have read written by Susan May Warren.  I will not hesitate to read any of her other books!  One of the things I liked about this book is that I didn’t feel that I had to have read the first two to know the characters.

I found this book easy to read and very engaging.  The setting of the story – Hawaii – what could be better and who doesn’t love food!  I enjoyed the way the author wrote about the faith and how a relationship with the Lord is the answer to handling life’s challenges.  The main characters, Max and Grace, were very likable, relatable and believable.   While at times I wish Grace had been a little stronger and Max had shown a little more faith, I found myself recognizing that this very sentiment applies to all Christians at some point in their walk with Christ.

When I Fall in Love is simply a good book!

DISCLOSURE: A complimentary review copy was provided by Litfuse Publicity Group on behalf of Susan May Warren, author, and the publisher in exchange for our honest review. Opinions expressed are solely those of the reviewer. No compensation was received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visit is important to us. Thank you for leaving a comment.