Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"I Am Ruth: A Story of Loss, Love, & Redemption" by Brenda Duff with Photography by Kenneth Berg.


ISBN: 9780892217199
Hardcover $17.99
The book I Am Ruth; A Story of Loss, Love, & Redemption is written by Brenda Duff and the photography is by Kenneth Berg. It is the book of Ruth from the Bible, only told through pictures as well as written word.
The book itself is beautifully illustrated.  The photographs bring the book to life, especially they are pictures of Israel and its landscapes. Reading the story, while being able to view the pictures, made the story of Ruth even that more memorable and special to me.  Ruth happens to be my favorite book in the Bible because it shows a clear picture of our redemption through Jesus Christ and his death, burial and resurrection.

I did struggle at first with the style of the writing, in that the writer jumped back and forth between the story of Ruth and Naomi and the story of Abraham.  It became easier to read the further I got into the story and helped lay the foundation for the actions of Naomi, Ruth and Boaz.  I do believe that this would be a good companion book to read along with the actual scripture from Ruth.

I Am Ruth” is wonderful book and would make a great gift.  I would leave this book out on my coffee table because of its beauty on the cover and then the awesome photographs inside.  It is a beautiful book with an even more beautiful story of Loss, Love & ultimate Redemption. (rev. P.Howard)


DISCLOSURE: A complimentary copy was provided by New Leaf Publishing Group for the purpose of this review. Opinions expressed are solely those of the reviewer. No compensation was received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visit is important to us. Thank you for leaving a comment.